If you are reading this post, you are either interested in taking our course or have already applied and have been directed to this link. Welcome to the first step towards your new life abroad!
A couple of things first.
1. Teaching abroad as a career, be it Prague or anywhere else in the world you want to go after the course, is not strange. It might appear strange to your friends or family, but thousands upon thousands of people are doing it right now.
2. We have a lot of experience. The Language House TEFL has been in business for over 10 years and we have graduated close to two thousand students (maybe more).
3. We are an active community. If you need to hear stories of teaching in Prague/abroad or get into contact with past graduates, just let us know and we’ll be happy to do it. We seem to be unique in this way and our graduates are happy to share their experiences with you.
4. Things will work out for you. As long as you have the professionalism and dedication to complete the month long course, you’ll get a job and you’ll have the time of your life.
5. Our course is accredited and internationally recognized. It can be used anywhere in the world and we have job assistance and graduate support to help you find a job internationally.
6. We are an inclusive program. We don’t just cover teacher training, but also assist you with long term apartments,visas, taxes, making friends, finding jobs…etc.
Now that this is out of the way. Let’s talk about the application procedure.
Here are the steps.
1. After you fill out the application on our website, you should receive a basic introductory email immediately. If you don’t have it, please check your spam box. On it will have instructions on friending the course owner, Chris Westergaard, on Facebook. He’s a helpful guy and he will put you in the individual Facebook groups that we have for all of our course months. All of the trainees and staff for the course are in the groups and it’s a great forum to meet people, ask questions and get information. If you can’t find it, don’t worry, you’ll be given some instructions again later on.
* If you do not hear back from us after three days from when you sent in your application, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Usually within 48 hours, you’ll receive another email from us. It will be sent from email@example.com and it will probably be titled ‘Application from our course at The Language House’. On it is some more course information along with an attached brochure.
3. Shortly after getting this initial email, you’ll receive another email from Emori Medeiros about setting up a phone call. She handles the majority of the phone communication with new applicants and will be doing your interview for the school. If you receive a call from a strange number, please pick up, it’s probably us. The call takes about 30 minutes or so. During the call, we’ll go over the entire course with you along with visa information and procedures. While you are waiting for the call, take a moment to read through our materials and jot down any questions you have for us. We are happy to answer them. If you have not received any kind of call, just send us an email.
4. Once the call is made, if accepted onto the course, we will send you an acceptance email and information on paying the deposit through Paypal. Please keep an eye out for these two things. Often discounts are awarded if deposits are paid within a week period of being accepted. Note, we are super flexible with the deposits. If you cannot take the month you have signed up for, just let us know and you can take a later course at any time.
5. About 8 weeks before the start of the course, we’ll send you information on arrivals and housing. It will be emailed and will contain a few more brochures, a housing questionnaire, things to bring, departure and arrival procedures, and some more course procedural information. We will post on the Facebook group when these emails are being sent out.
*If you have been accepted on to the course and would like to book your tickets early, you can. The month long housing for the course, if you need it, is available from the Friday before the course begins. If you want to arrive earlier, you are welcome to stay with us, but there is a charge of about 25 dollars per night. It’s a great deal though and way better than staying in a hostel. Included in the tuition is airport pickup and we will have our driver at the airport waiting to greet you and take you to your apartment when you arrive.
* When you book your ticket, make sure if it’s a round trip to have your return WITHIN 90 days. Once you are in Prague, you can extend the date, but you might run into problems with the airlines if you have your return after 90 days to begin with. This is not a problem with customs or immigration, but with the airlines themselves.
6. If at any time at all, you have questions or need help with anything, just contact us. We do this every month, all year, and have been doing it for just about a decade. We are here to help!
Thanks so much. See you in the classroom soon!
The Language House TEFL Team
Click the link to sign up: Go to TLH TEFL application